Friday, January 1, 2010

Safely landed in Fort Lauderdale - the whirlwind begins tomorrow

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. --- My fourth state in 48 hours can only be described one way -- the best of the bunch.

After spending portions of the last two days in Iowa, Illinois and Indiana, I have finally arrived in Fort Lauderdale, current home of 65-degree weather and plenty of palm trees.

The flight and rent-a-car went without a hitch, and I'll be cruising around in a sexy white Nissan Versa for the next six days (picture of this "amazing" car once daylight hits in the morning). I luckily have a GPS to aide me -- good thing, because I made two wrong turns even with it on my way to where I am staying these first few days -- as I'll be driving from Pompano Beach to Fort Lauderdale to Miami on a daily basis.

The plan (and remember, these types of things tend to change) is for me to attend all press conferences (including the Georgia Tech defense and Iowa offense sessions bright and early Saturday), practices from both teams, and any other functions media is allowed at. Of course, I'll be at the Orange Bowl on Tuesday, and should be doing plenty of pregame blogging.

I've got a camera with me, so make sure to check this blog frequently for updates and photos from sunny Florida. It can't all be fun in the sun for me -- especially with a cold front coming in and leaving me with the dreadful outlook of mid-60s all week) so check in often.

Brian Heinemann



Baggage claim in FLL. This picture is from my cell, so quality will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment