Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A gem from Ricky Stanzi

This was published on my Facebook after the Hawkeyes beat Arizona in September.

Stanzi was hilarious today in the post-game, especially when talking about the Pick-six that he threw. Seriously, all of us listening to him were busting up. I have it on my digital recorder, but can't upload it here for various reasons.

Somebody asked him about the Arizona player doing a front-flip into the endzone after the interception, and here's Ricky's response. He laughed talking about it, too, and we were seriously rolling at the way he said this stuff.

"I guess it's my fault, the whole thing. Throw the pick, and then ... I can't tackle. I mean, I tried. A.J. (Edds, linebacker) gave me some pointers after the game on how to make an open-field tackle, and he made a lot of sense. I was trying to think about it while I was running, and then I'm like, 'I'm screwed. I got my knee brace on, and there's not a chance I can cut back.' I mean, I'm not even fat. I don't know why I would think that I could make an open-field tackle."

He later explained how he would go about making the tackle in the future (based on A.J.'s advice), then said that "there was a hundred things going through my head while I was trying to make the tackle, or, the pathetic attempt that I did have, that shoestring, maybe."

No comments:

Post a Comment