Saturday, September 4, 2010

Some Hawkeyes quick hitters from the EIU game

Full article coming, but for now, some quotes and tidbits.

First, and most important, Ricky Stanzi is fine. So is Bruce Davis. No real injuries that will have any impact from this game.

Middle linebacker Bruce Davis on EIU scoring:
"It was disappointing. It was kind of a let down. But that team was working hard. You’ve got to give them more credit than people do."

Running back Paki O'Meara on his punt block:
"I watch a lot of film and I’m definitely trying to do that. That’s kind of my role on that team is to force the punt from the right side with a right footed punter."

Offensive guard Nolan MacMillan on seeing quarterback Ricky Stanzi go down:
"You feel bad. It’s a little scary. We’re supposed to be out there protecting him."

Tight end Brad Herman on getting playing timei:
"It felt good. Tony (Moeaki) finally left. Finally I got to go out there and get my feet wet, and it was fun. It’s fun being out there."

Cornerback Micah Hyde on giving up the EIU touchdown:
"Coach always tells us, work inside out. Don’t let them break a big play. For me personally, I gave up a big play today. I’ve got to work on that. I’ve got to watch film, study some more."

Iowa center James Ferentz on Josh Koeppel surviving being hit by a truck:
"We’re really fortunate to still have Josh with us. After seeing that video, it’s incredible that he just bounced up and walked away from that. The first concern was really Josh. It’s incredible that he was at practice the next day, and even going through some walkthroughs Thursday. That’s Koeppel, though. If there’s some sort of nutshell picture to explain Josh, that’s it. Get hit by a truck, bounce out, he’s at meetings the next day."

Running back Adam Robinson on contact:
"I love that contact. That’s why I love the game of football. The game wouldn’t be the same without getting popped every play."

Quaterback Ricky Stanzi on his injury:
"I was a little worried that maybe it was something serious, so I wanted to get off and get it checked. I didn’t want to make a big ordeal about it. I have no doubt that it will be fine. I talked to the trainers. It’s all stable. It’s nothing to worry about. It’s just part of football – bumps and bruises."

Offensive guard Julian Vandervelde on the team's mindset with injuries:
"You can’t let one guy going down ruin what the other ten guys are trying to do."

Defensive tackle Mike Daniels on Iowa State:
"We always prepare for the opponent and it doesn’t matter who it is, but right now we need to focus on fixing ourselves for Iowa State."

Head coach Kirk Ferentz on dark thoughts:
"Last year was probably why I was thinking about all of those bad things. I was having dark thoughts all week. That was tough. And the credit goes to UNI there. So it was good to see us come outlooking a little bit better prepared and more ready and what-have-you."



No comments:

Post a Comment